ArmorThane and Rhino Linings are two of the most popular brands of polyurea spray-on coatings. Both brands offer high-quality products, but there are some key differences between the two.
- Faster curing time: ArmorThane polyurea coatings cure faster than Rhino Linings coatings, which can reduce project downtime.
- Greater flexibility: ArmorThane polyurea coatings are more flexible than Rhino Linings coatings, making them less likely to crack or tear.
- Superior UV resistance: ArmorThane polyurea coatings have superior UV resistance to Rhino Linings coatings, which means they will last longer in direct sunlight.
- More environmentally friendly: ArmorThane polyurea coatings are more environmentally friendly than Rhino Linings coatings because they contain fewer VOCs (volatile organic compounds).
- Wider range of products: ArmorThane offers a wider range of polyurea products than Rhino Linings, including coatings that are specifically designed for roofing, waterproofing, and insulation.
- Customizable: ArmorThane polyurea coatings can be customized to meet the specific requirements of each project.
- Expert support: ArmorThane provides expert support to its customers, including on-site training and technical assistance.
Rhino Linings Advantages
- Brand recognition: Rhino Linings is a more well-known brand than ArmorThane. This is because Rhino Linings has been in business for longer and has a larger marketing budget.
- Wider availability: Rhino Linings products are more widely available than ArmorThane products. This is because Rhino Linings has a larger network of dealers and distributors.
- Lower price: Rhino Linings products are typically less expensive than ArmorThane products.
Both ArmorThane and Rhino Linings polyurea coatings can be used for a variety of applications, including:
- Waterproofing: ArmorThane and Rhino Linings polyurea coatings can be used to waterproof roofs, decks, balconies, and other surfaces. They are also used to waterproof industrial structures, such as dams, bridges, and wastewater treatment plants.
- Roofing: ArmorThane and Rhino Linings polyurea coatings can be used as a roof coating or as a roofing membrane. They are a durable and long-lasting solution for both residential and commercial roofs.
- Insulation: ArmorThane and Rhino Linings polyurea coatings can be used to insulate roofs, walls, and other surfaces. They are a highly effective way to reduce energy costs and improve indoor comfort.
- Other applications: ArmorThane and Rhino Linings polyurea coatings can also be used for a variety of other applications, such as pipe coating, tank lining, and truck bed liners.
Here are a few case studies that demonstrate the benefits of using ArmorThane polyurea coatings:
- Case Study 1: A large commercial roof in Florida was leaking and needed to be repaired. The roof had been previously repaired with a variety of materials, but nothing had worked for long. The owner decided to try ArmorThane polyurea coating. The roof was coated with ArmorThane and has been leak-free ever since.
- Case Study 2: A residential homeowner in Texas was looking for a durable and long-lasting coating for their deck. They decided to use ArmorThane polyurea coating. Their deck has been exposed to the harsh Texas sun and weather for several years now, and it still looks like new.
- Case Study 3: A wastewater treatment plant in California needed a coating that could withstand the harsh chemicals and elements. The plant decided to use ArmorThane polyurea coating. The coating has been in place for several years now and has performed flawlessly.
ArmorThane and Rhino Linings are both high-quality polyurea spray-on coatings. However, ArmorThane offers a number of advantages over Rhino Linings, including a faster curing time, greater flexibility, superior UV resistance, and a wider range of products. ArmorThane also offers customizable options and expert support.
If you are looking for the best possible polyurea coating, ArmorThane is the best choice. However, if you are on a budget or need a coating that is widely available, Rhino Linings may be a better option.
Here are some additional factors to consider when choosing between ArmorThane and Rhino Linings:
- Warranty: ArmorThane offers a lifetime warranty on its polyurea coatings, while Rhino Linings offers a 25-year warranty.
- Dealer network: ArmorThane has a smaller dealer network than Rhino Linings. This means that it may be more difficult to find a dealer who installs Armor